Car Upholstery Cleaning Tips You Should Know That !
When car upholstery cleaning is done the common misconception that comes to all car holders is that the use of more water gives the best result. But the true fact is that more water does not mean that the more effective removal of stains. Moisture is no doubt one of the main culprits for the fabric because it can damage the car’s interior creating damp and musty smell.
Another important point to remember to avoid getting water on the metal portion of the seat. Water in future leads to rust and stains in future. Considering this unhealthy condition of the interior of the car, the most important point comes in the mind of the car holder about how to clean the upholstery of the car.
Different types of car’s seats need different treatment based on the type of the fabric.So, before cleaning the car’s upholstery you need to read the user’s manual properly to get the proper idea that is suitable for use on your nature of seat fabric.
Cleaning of car’s interior is as important as well maintaining of the car’s exterior. Whenever you drive your car you naturally inhabit inside your car. So, cleaning inside the car is good both for your health and your peace of mind. Luckily, cleaning of the upholstery can be simple thanks to a number of techniques and specific products for cleaning tailored to vehicle upholstery.
Cleaning of the upholstery means removing of smell from the interior of the car, getting rid of stains on car upholstery etc. You have to clean every part of the interior step-by-step to achieve the best clean interior of the car.
- Best Car Vacuum Cleaner : Reviews & Top Picks
How to Remove Musty Smell From The Car Interior
Your car upholstery always absorb stains and odors. So, before cleaning your car seats, you need to deal with the musty smell coming from the interior of the car. The following 5 easy steps will guide you in this purpose:
- Step-1: Take 2 bowls and fill them with white vinegar.
- Step-2: On the dashboard of the car place one bowl and keep the other bowl on the back seat overnight before cleaning.
- Step-3: Close the doors and the windows and leave two bowls overnight. White vinegar will absorb all odors of the interior of the car.
- Step-4: In the morning remove the bowls from the car’s interior and let the doors and the windows of the car open as long as possible. The smell of the vinegar will gradually disappear.
- Step-5: Lastly, vacuum cleans the upholstery thoroughly.
How To Get Rid of Stains on Car Upholstery
Before you start the car upholstery cleaning stain removal process, you need to prepare two homemade solutions for cleaning upholstery. As the first part of cleaning, you need baking soda of ¼ cup and 1 cup of warm water. Mix baking soda with water and go for the second part.
In this part, you need warm water, ¼ cup of vinegar, dish detergent and a spray bottle. Mix the warm water, dish detergent and vinegar in the spray bottle, shake the bottle containing the mixture well and leave the mixture for approx. 5 minutes to set. This homemade mixture will help you to clean your car upholstery. Now, follow the steps below to clean the upholstery.
- Step-1: With the help of a toothbrush apply the solution of baking soda and water to the stains areas on the car upholstery and keep the solution on that exact position for about half an hour so that the solution penetrates the stains.
- Step-2: After completing the first step now go for the second step, and now use a dry towel to blot the stains with baking soda and water. Let the liquid to absorb before the start of the next step in the car upholstery cleaning process.
- Step-3: Spray the mixture you have made at home on the upholstery, start from the front seat and go to back seat.
- Step-4: After your spray, take a stiff bristled brush that will work gently in the solution.
- Step-5: Leave the mixture for about for 15-20 minutes on your car seat and then with the help of a dry towel absorb the excess mixture.
- Step-6: To get rid of smells let the doors and the windows open to air out the cleaning smell from inside.
Car Upholstery Cleaning Solutions- Other alternatives
- Baby Wipes: When cleaning the car upholstery, the baby wipes work really well. You don’t need any soap and water to clean the car seats because the baby wipes are one of the greatest alternatives and help you to get out most stains. As baby wipes don’t contain any abrasive chemical, it is especially suitable for any environment and also safe for all age people i.e. from the small children to adults with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Dry Cleaning Cloths: Dry cleaning cloths (like Dryel )are also a great alternative for cleaning your car upholstery. This type of cloth is easily accessible and is very effective as a car upholstery cleaners. – The additional bonus you achieve when using Dryel or other popular brands of dry cleaning clothes is that they cause the car smelling great.
- Club Soda: This soda is also considered as an another great stain remover which works fast. If you face vomit stains on your car upholstery, club soda is the best alternative for this purpose. This Club soda is really cheap and you can access it easily. This club soda is also very less expensive as compared with the other products. Baking soda and water mixture also works as the best alternative for cleaning the car upholstery.
- Clear Ammonia: Clear ammonia with water is used to brighten the color of the carpet and protects the carpet to become fade i.e. this mixture is the best for restoring the color and thereby the carpets look great after many years of service.
Car upholstery cleaning is not at all a difficult task with these simple tips and regular maintenance. These tips are simple enough whether your car’s seat is leather-based or fabric-based.